Useful links and web addresses
- An old Marconiman's Logbook
Excellent site, with facts about voyages completed and the vessels served on.
- Australian MCS
- Blue Funnel
Blue Funnel as seen by a former engineer, with material from other former serving members.
- BP Marine Apprentices
A site for all ex BP employees.
- Chelmsford Amateur Radio Society
“Sandford Mill” extensive information on ROA memorabillia, activities at the Museum, and Marconi maritime equipment supplied by ROA members exists.
- Clifden, Connemara
The Spirit is in the West.
- Colwyn Bay Radio College
For those who attended the Colwyn Bay radio college, full of information and photographs.
- Falmouth Tall Ships Departure
August 2014 – Tall Ships leaving the port of Falmouth to Greenwich
- Falmouth Tall Ships Departure
August 2014 – Tall Ships leaving the port of Falmouth bound Greenwich
- Fort Perch Rock Marine Radio Museum
Excellent site of Fort Perch on The Wirral, well worth a look.
- Four Masted Bark
Historical Maritime Mobile Ship’s Radio Station of the Four Masted Bark ‘PASSAT / DKEG’
- Gordon Mumford
Member of the ROA, excellent site, mainly about WWII.
- Greenhithe Merchant Navy College
Merchant Navy College, some good photographs of the college.
- International Maritime Organisation
The International Maritime Organisation.
- International Morse Preservation Society
Amateur radio morse club.
- Irish Radio Transmitter Group
Irish Radio Transmitter Group.
- Iziko museum of South Africa.
Iziko museum of South Africa.
- Jack Binns – Wireless Hero
Excellent site well worth a visit.
- Joe Clark Film's
Film’s of Twentieth Century Passenger Vessels
- Lifeboat Amateur Radio Society
Check this site out!
- Lighthouses of Scotland and the Wirral
Lighthouses of Scotland and also the Wirral Peninsular. Including the Merchant Navy Wireless museum at Fort Perch Rock.
- Liverpool Marine Radio & Electronics Society
Liverpool Marine Radio & Electronics Society
- Lizard Wireless
Oldest surviving Marconi station in the World.
- Marconi Heritage Group
Marconi Heritage Group
- Marconi Veterans Association
Website designed to keep all marconi veterans in touch with events surrounding the company.
- Maritime and Coast Guard Agency
Maritime and Coast Guard Agency.
- Maritime Radio Historical Society
Excellent site for Maritime Radio
- Merchant Navy Fund
Supporting UK Merchant Navy seafarers and their families when they need a life line.
- MERCHANT NAVY NOSTALGIA
Memoirs of Radio Officers and shipping companies.
- New Zealand Coast Radio Stations
General coverage of New Zealand station closures in 1993 and station information.
- North Eastern School of Wireless Telegraphy, Bridlington.
History of the Radio School in Bridlington
- Ocean Station Vessels
Account of two Dutch weather vessels ‘Cirrus’ & ‘Cumulus’ Dutch but with English desriptions.
Office of Communications UK
- Office of Communications, Ireland
Office of Communications Ireland.
- P&O Steam Navigation Company
A most interesting site with a lot of information relating to this fine company.
- Poldhu – Station ZZ
Centenary of WW I and the message sent from station ZZ to all merchant ships.
- R.M.S. Lusitania ~ GB100MFA
Web-Site associated with the May 2015 Centenary event of the sinking of the RMS Lusitania~MFA
- Radio Society of Great Britain
Radio Society of Great Britain.
- Royal Airforce Amateur Radio Society
Royal Airforce Amateur Radio Society.
- Royal Fleet Auxiliary Association
An association for members who have formerly served in the Royal Fleet Auxiliary
- Royal Naval Amateur Radio Society
Royal Navy Radio Amateur Radio Society
- Ship Photos
Iain Lovie’s site containing thousands of ship photographs from his collection.
- Ships Nostalgia
Online community for people world wide who have an interest in ships an shipping.
History of Communications
- Swansea Mariners
Personnel site dedicated to the Brisco family
- The Federation of Merchant Mariners
Federation of independant and autonomous associations.
- The Merchant Mariners of Wight
Website of the Merchant Mariners of Wight
- The Merchant Navy
Web site for those interested in the Merchant Navy.
- The Mersey Planet Lightship
A must visit if ever visiting Liverpool, the last lightship on the Mersey Bar.
- The MET Office
Meteorological office for land, sea and air weather forecasts.
- The National Archives
Good source of information from Doomsday times to the present.
- The National Maritime Museum
The National Maritime Museum.
- The Red Duster
Website owned and updated by the merchant Navy Association.
- Titanic Historical Society
Titanic Historical Society
- Veteran Wireless Operators Association
Association to foster fellowship among the elite profession of Radio Communications.
- Zagreus Films
Very interesting site and well worth a visit.